I recently found out about Nanocrowd which is a film search engine to help you find out more about films and discover films that are like (and least like) each other. You can also search for films within a particular theme or genre. I searched for one of my favourite Christmas films, Miracle on 34th Street, and selected a nanogenre with the words ‘christmas’, ‘cheer’, and ‘sweet’ which gave me other suggested films such as Home Alone and Love Actually (another favourite of mine!). This looks like it could be a really useful resource for discovering films.
Whilst looking for other festive film related tools, I came across these film poster mashups with festive themes, have a good look through – some really made me laugh. There are also some others in the Empire forum thread – I particularly like Jocks, Socks and Too Small Pyjamas.
Welcome to Festive 24 Things, originally an advent calendar based on the same idea as the 23 Things programme.
Join Damyanti, Jo and Trudi in their festive quiz through useful (and hopefully fun!) online resources. Each day there will be a cryptic clue to the title of a Christmas carol (or song) and a tool which will also give you clues. At the end of the 24 days, we’ll ask you to submit your responses for each day and we’ll draw a winner
Calendar of posts
- Festive 24 Things 2011 answers
- We have a winner!
- Enter the Festive 24 Things 2011 quiz
- Red man en route to borough
- Willoughby dines out
- Give Attention to the Melodious Celestial Beings
- Swingin’ around and around the richest master
- Proceed and enlighten on the pinnacle
- Arrival time: 2400 hours; Weather: cloudless
- 1066 and all that describes monarch in unorthodox Czech landmark
- New born Nick
- Musical slogan advertises whisky
- Parent was observed oscillating a red coated unshaven teamster
- Castaneous coloured seed vesticated in a conflagration
- Bidding everyone festive joy
- The dozen festive 24 hour intervals
- I heard ugly sisters: Nancy, Moira and Princess Charlotte
- Bantam male percussionist
- Singular yearning for twin anterior incisors
- The quadruped with vermilion proboscis
- Obese personification fabricated of compressed mounds of minute crystals
- Monarchical triad
- Bleached Yule
- Sound of Tinkerbell’s end from the big apple
- Righteous Darkness